Late last week, Connie Malamed published a list of 100 Hand-picked Freebies for eLearning Designers as part of her blog The eLearning Coach. This was certainly a great list, so much so that I tweeted in out and +1’d it on Google+ too.
I wanted to highlight a few of the resources and tools that Connie mentioned as ones that I really value and use (or have used).
- NuggetHead Studioz: Kevin Thorn is a colleague/friend of mine here in town and took the plunge to go out on his own as a consultant. Tom Kuhlmann also has a font for hand-drawn arrows and circles that I use regularly in elearning and slidedecks.
- Articulate Community: The folks at Articulate know how to share.
- IconFinder: IconFinder is one of my favorite search engines.
- Jing: When I need to make screen captures, I use Jing almost exclusively. I also use Jing to provide feedback to students on their work. I like the 5 minute time limit, because it limits me as well to making sure that I mention (and point to on screen) the areas I care about most.
- Poll Everywhere: I am a huge fan of Polleverywhere.com. I regularly mention and highlight it in my workshops on mobile teaching and learning.
- Doodle: I used to use MeetingWizard; now I almost exclusively have switched to Doodle.
I’m Gonna Check These Out
From Connie’s descriptions, there a few that I’m going to be following up and spending some time exploring. Here’s my quick list of ones I want to research:
Thanks for a great list, Connie, and thanks for sharing it with us!