Good morning! I just wanted to reminder everyone that Wednesday, November 16, 2011, is ‘My Twitter Story’ day! This grew out of a conversation with a student of mine in one of my online courses and some follow up conversations about how we really should be sharing our stories of professional development for others.
I would really like to share and document the value you find from social media … and Twitter is just one example of this.
Here’s how it will work:
- Invite. I invite you and you invite others to write your own Twitter story. Here’s mine if you haven’t read it. By the way, feel free to use this blog post and image in your own posts! (Feel free to
plagiarize this to deathuse this as a model.) Start now. Retweet this.
- Write. Write your own Twitter story on or before Wedenesday, November 16, 2011, as a blog post. Feel free to be creative. Podcasts, vidcasts, and slidecasts are all fine by me.
- Rite. Add #mytwitterstory as the hashtag in your tweets and/or blog post.
- Cite. On or before Wednesday, November 16, 2011, add your name and the URL to your blog post in the comments area this blog post. I will add your name and link into the updated blog post for Wednesday, November 16.
- Excite! On Wednesday, November 16, 2011, I’ll publish the updated blog post and tweet it out as well. Retweet it willy-nilly!