The Midsouth Educational Research Association (MSERA) will be holding its annual meeting in Oxford, MS, this year at the University of Mississippi. The dates are November 2-4, 2011, and the conference hotel is The Inn at Ole Miss.
This is an excellent opportunity for graduate students to share their educational research. The Call for Papers describes the requirements for the conference, and the deadline for proposal submissions is July 15. MSERA has a special type of presentation specifically for graduate students, who may have research in progress (RIP). From the MSERA website, they describe the RIP sessions:
These sessions are reserved for graduate students who are not yet finished with their research studies. Each participant will make a 10-13 minute presentation. A general discussion will follow the presentation. Papers must describe research or the plan/literature review on which the student is currently working. Papers may be one of two types:
- research, evaluation, or program results
- reviews of the literature.
An abstract for a Research in Progress session should include as much of the following that the student currently has. Not all elements are needed to submit for these sessions:
- a statement of the problem
- a brief description of the research that provides the theoretical grounding for the problem
- a summary of the methods which includes a description of data collection, instrumentation, analysis, and subjects
- results, and
- conclusions/implications of the study.
Once a student’s presentation has been provisionally accepted, the student will be required to submit their contact/affiliation information and a letter of support to the RIP reviewers in order to receive any available funding and to be scheduled for the conference.
To make reservations for the conference hotel, you can reserve online or with the phone number below:
- Room rates: $104 (single/double)
- Reservations (888) 486-7666 (be sure to mention MSERA meeting when making reservations)