These are my Jumptags for October 9th through October 13th:
- PowerPoint Design in 2009: Six most recommended tips : Speaking about Presenting – But in this project, there was a striking consistency with the advice given. I’ve outlined below the six tips that were recommended most often. I’ve also noted the research that backs up a recommendation – where it exists.
- PowerPoint slide design – the basics : Speaking about Presenting – These design tips are for the Assertion-Evidence format – this is gaining ground as the brain-friendly yet easy to put together alternative to bullets.
- New evidence that bullet-points don’t work : Speaking about Presenting – At last, we have some scientifically rigorous evidence to show that slides full of bullet-points don’t work.
- STUDY: 75% of Small Businesses Are Not Engaging In Social Media | Penn Olson – According to a survey conducted for Citibank Small Business, 75% of small businesses revealed that they have not found social media sites, such as Facebook and LinkedIn helpful in generating leads or business expansion.
- Learning Circuits Blog Big Question – PowerPoint – The Learning Circuits Blog considers the use of Powerpoint in learning.