Workshop at Union University
Image by michaelmgrant via Flickr

Union University logo

Today, I’ll be spending class time with some exceptional preservice teachers at Union University in Jackson, TN, with Dr. Anna Clifford’s classes. I’ve been doing this for a couple of semesters now, and I always have a blast.  Here are some photos of previous sessions on Web 2.0.

Workshop at Union University
Image by michaelmgrant via Flickr

As part of her instructional design and technology integration courses, we’ll be talking about teaching and learning with Google Apps.  In particular, we’re going to take a look at Google Reader, Google Docs word processor, Google Docs presentations, Google Docs spreadsheets and Google Docs forms.  I hope we can get through it all.

If not, here’s the links to the wiki pages I’ve created to go along with the workshops.  Anything we don’t get to will be accessible through these links, and please use them liberally.

1. Using Google Reader
  2. Using Google Docs word processor
  3. Using Google Docs presentations
  4. Using Google Docs spreadsheet
  5. Creating forms and quizzes with Google Docs forms
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

9 Thoughts on “Using Google at Union University

1. Anna C. on April 23, 2009 at 2:40 pm said:

Dr. Grant,
    Thank you so much for visiting and sharing with us today! What a treat! 😉 Many of us are already Googling in a new way! Yahoo!
    I was very pleased with the student participation and interaction. They are moving forward … making connections and becoming … teachers.
    Teaching is so rewarding. 🙂
    Thanks for all your work in instructional design and technology,

2. Cassie on April 28, 2009 at 10:18 am said:

Thank you so much for coming to our class to discuss all of the different ways to use Google. I did not even know that any of that even existed until you taught us. It was very helpful and I am sure we can all use this later on in our own classrooms!
    🙂

3. Whitney Cheong on April 28, 2009 at 10:19 am said:

Thank you for taking the time to visit our classroom!! It was very informational and it helped me learn about Google Reader! It ws very helpful because you can have all your favorite websites all in one place!! Thank you again for coming!

4. Sarah Garrity on April 28, 2009 at 10:29 am said:

Dr. Grant: Thank you so much for visiting our classroom and sharing your wealth of knowledge with us! I have thoroughly enjoyed my journey learning how to manipulate and implement Web 2.0 technology into my own life and the life of my future classroom. The most beneficial information I gleaned from your presentation was the information regarding using Google Reader. I had no idea that this form of technology existed and it is fabulous! As your creative video presentation states, Google Reader truely does save you so much time hunting down information because you re-route all the new information to come to you instead. Thank you for simplifying my life!

5. Bonnie Wilkes on April 28, 2009 at 10:31 am said:

Dr. Grant,
    Thank you so much for taking time to come to Union University and present your great technology methods to the classroom. It’s always refreshing to hear new ideas on how to incorporate internet tools into my future classroom and my everyday life. I’m already enjoying the Google Reader!
    Bonnie Wilkes

6. Taysha Cadenhead on April 29, 2009 at 12:06 pm said:

Dr. Grant, I can see the Google documents and forms for tests and quizzes as very useful for the classroom someday. Thanks for sharing this information with us.

7. Ross Garrett on April 30, 2009 at 7:04 am said:

Dr. Grant, thanks for coming last Thursday to teach us about google. While you was with us I learned alot about google, that I have never known before. All the things you taught us I did not know was on google. I just though people use google for a search engine, but now I know its more then just that. I can see myself using google more and more now since you have shown us the many different things you can do on it. I can also see myself using it in the classroom once I become a teacher. Thanks again for sharing that information with us.

8. Lee Ann H (UUG) on September 26, 2009 at 5:03 pm said:

Dr. Grant,

I look forward to your presentation next week in Dr. Clifford’s class. I am always looking for new ways to enhance my teaching! After reading comments from former students, I feel sure I will walk away from class next week with additional tools in my tool belt!

9. Amy H. (UUG) on September 28, 2009 at 4:27 pm said:

I am currently in one of Dr. Clifford’s classes. I am learning so much about integrating technology into my classroom. There are so many features available on the web that I had no clue about. I am excited to hear you speak in our class on Saturday. After searching through your site, I am anxious to hear what new information you will have for us!